November 13, 2016
Dr. Angelica Rohner and her staff are committed to providing to Birmingham area families the best kids dentistry possible. Hygienic cleanings and check-ups, extractions, state of the art diagnostics, and sedation dentistry ensure your children’s teeth, gums and bone structure develop correctly and stay bright, attractive and functioning for their lifetimes. That’s the heart of pediatric dentistry.
Just What the Kids Need
It’s all in one bright and happy dental office in Birmingham. Among other professional associations, Dr. Angelica Rohner is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. She brings her wide skill set to provide the best in preventive and restorative dentistry.
Preventive Dental Treatments
Dr. Rohner’s team has a comprehensive approach to kids’ dentistry in Birmingham. Prevent problems at an early age–from the time that first tooth erupts at six to eight months of age to when a child loses a baby tooth at around age six to when wisdom teeth start causing trouble in young adulthood. With this strategy, fewer restorative dental services are needed later on in life. Plus, gentleness and respect for a youngster’s worries and age-related needs are notable characteristics of this Birmingham dental practice.
Services for kids include:
- Professional cleanings and exams beginning in toddlerhood and continuing every six months thereafter
- Low radiation digital X-rays and inspection with intraoral cameras as needed to look for decay and to assess jaw and tooth development and alignment
- Fluoride treatments and plastic sealants to protect tooth enamel from decay and sensitivity
The doctor and her staff are available for dental emergencies as well: fractured or avulsed teeth, toothaches, and lost fillings. The entire team prioritizes pain relief and restoration of good oral function. Always call Dr. Rohner for immediate advice and same day appointments when needed.
Restorative Dental Services
As prepared and diligent as parents and their children may be, oral health problems can occur. Your Birmingham pediatric dentist cares for baby and permanent teeth needing:
- Zirconium and stainless steel crowns to restore failing teeth
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Wisdom tooth extraction, emergency extraction or extraction because of delayed exfoliation of baby teeth or to facilitate orthodontics
- Composite resin bonding to repair spaces, chips, and other defects seamlessly
- Custom-fitted acrylic mouthguards to cushion the destructive physical forces associated with teeth clenching and grinding (bruxism)
The dentists place pediatric restorations with the gentlest of care and offer sedation options to ease kids through their dental work. Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, works well to relax children so they get the services they need. Dr. Rohner makes hospital anesthesia available on an outpatient basis for complex or lengthy procedures.
The average age for orthodontic treatment is 11 to 14. Your pediatric dentist carefully assesses the number, bite and position of your child’s teeth so parents know if and when braces will become necessary. More than cosmetic correction, orthodontic care ensures healthy dental alignment through adulthood.
What are Your Child’s Needs?
Every child needs skilled dental care. Contact Angelica R. Rohner Pediatric Dentistry to arrange your youngster’s routine check-up and cleaning. We anticipate years of healthy smiles for you and yours.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.